Sunday 5 October 2008

Pushing it too far...

I know the title of this post may be ironic given that I have almost over-discussed the use of studio footage in wildlife filmmaking now, but I couldn't resist bringing you this. It seems that wildlife filmmaking has far to go before becoming true masters of faking it!

The world saw Lin Miaoke, right, sing at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony - but actually heard the voice of Yang Peiyi, left.

The world saw Lin Miaoke, right, sing at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony - but actually heard the voice of Yang Peiyi, left.


The real singer was deemed too "flawed" to be seen in the ceremony! I know this was in the news ages ago, but I feel it illustrates my point.

Sorry for the digression...back to natural history!

0 comments:

 
Top of Page