Tuesday 2 September 2008

Let me explain...

I've had a few questions from friends and readers about the title of my blog.

I could't possibly decide on my favourite film but if you held a gun to my head and told me I couldn't include wildlife programmes I'd probably go with Neil Gaiman and David Mackean's Mirrormask. It was produced by the Jim Henson company, being the people who brought us Sesame Street, The Muppets and Labyrinth (with David Bowie) and it's the most fantastical film. And no, it isn't second to any production of Guillermo Del Torro's (e.g. Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy and Blade), it's better!!

It's full of fabulous mysterious creatures, riddles and magic with an absolutely awesome soundtrack, and my favourite concept of all (after the best knock knock joke in the world) is that of the Giants Orbitting. I simply can't explain the power of the Giants scene to you (you'd have to see it), but I love the idea of a substellar fountain of knowledge who's mind is so great that he can only speak veeeery sloooowly.

Again, you've got to see it. That's all I'm going to explain because much as I'm sure people would like me to I will not hand everything to them on a plate.

In the quest for knowledge we learn best when we go searching. Rent or buy Mirrormask and I promise you will not be disappointed.

N.B. My blog is in no way related or affiliated with the band gIANTS oRBITTING!!

0 comments:

 
Top of Page